Re: Unicode & space in programming & l10n

From: Jefsey_Morfin (jefsey@jefsey.com)
Date: Wed Sep 27 2006 - 07:02:19 CST

    At 09:30 27/09/2006, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
    >On Wen, Sep 27, 2006 at 04:49:54AM +0200,
    > > I agree that an important English bias is the standardization and
    > > documentation in English [...] (their IETF standardisation, design,
    > > usage, and management are under "influence" [RFC 3935] of core
    > > values and concepts directly resulting from the sole English based
    > > cultures).
    >
    >[The author of RFC 3935 is norwegian, by the way.]

    Difficult to understand what this remark is up to?

    >I agree with Jefsey! All standardization work must be done in lojban
    >(http://www.lojban.org/)!

    idem.

    > > Another problem is that English is a complex language to
    > > automatically understand.
    >
    >Which is precisely a problem that lojban solves

    Those who want to be serious about the NLP key issue may want to
    start with http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_language_processing

    > > The IQ of a person is higher in his mother tongue.
    >
    >Since I have the same mother tongue than Jefsey, I can testify that my
    >IQ is exactly the same when I read him in french or in english:
    >zero.

    tst, tst, I am not that pessimistic. You are much younger than me.
    Try harder.

    (BTW did you not told me once that your mother tongue was American English?)

    > I understand nothing.

    You see that some times we do agree.

    Please consider NLP and other language recognition issues. I think
    that in spite of your 0 QI and your claimed difficulty to understand
    middle level complexity, you will really enjoy and probably write a
    blog page on these topics.

    I looked for a simple introduction URL for you:
    http://complingone.georgetown.edu/~langid/acq_info.html

    But obviously the reference are Pr. Yoshiki Mikami and Dr. Virach
    Sornlertlamvanich and the efforts they lead. Here are pages of
    interest one can dig into:
    http://gii2.nagaokaut.ac.jp/giiblog/blog/partners.php and
    http://www.links.nectec.or.th/virach/

    Take care.