Internationalization & Unicode Conference, Nov 15-17, 2006 in Washington, D.C.

From: Mark Davis (mark.davis@icu-project.org)
Date: Wed Sep 27 2006 - 12:00:06 CST

    I'd like to make you all aware of the upcoming Internationalization &
    Unicode Conference (IUC 30), which will be the only one held in the US until
    the fourth quarter of 2007. The program offers excellent tutorials covering
    Unicode and internationalization in depth, and new, detailed presentations
    on adapting software to meet the requirements of different markets around
    the world. I'd urge anyone working with Unicode to attend.

    Building on the success of IUC 29, the program features case studies from
    Google, eBay and others covering concrete aspects of implementations, not
    just the theories involved. In one of my presentations, for example, I'll
    talk about many of the facets of dealing with very large scale use of
    Unicode here at Google, as well as some surprising and useful statistics
    about the use of Unicode on the web. It's also time to learn about the
    features of Unicode 5.0 -- see
    http://www.unicode.org/press/pr-5.0preorders.html for more information on
    this major new release.

    The conference offers strong coverage of internationalization issues with
    sessions in four tracks:

       - Web Internationalization,
       - Techniques/Case Studies,
       - Applications, and
       - Languages/Scripts.

    We've got a great keynote presentation by Nicolas Negroponte, chairman of
    One Laptop Per Child. We are also going to have an exclusive book signing of
    the all-new Unicode 5.0 book. As usual, people will have the great
    networking opportunities they've come to expect from this conference. We're
    excited about the program and know that attendees are going to get a lot of
    value out of their participation. If you have not yet taken a look, I'd
    encourage you to visit
    http://www.unicodeconference.org/conference-at-a-glance.htm.

    We are hoping for a strong turnout from the members of the Unicode
    Consortium and others connected with Unicode. To register for the
    conference, visit http://www.unicodeconference.org/registration.htm.
    Register before October 2, 2006 to receive the early-bird discount in
    addition to your Unicode membership discount. If you have any questions
    about the conference, please contact Kevin Loughry, loughry@omg.org or
    +1-781-444 0404. I look forward to seeing you at IUC 30.

    Regards,

    Mark Davis

    President and co-founder, Unicode Consortium