Re: ISO/IEC 10646 and ISO/IEC 14651 freely available

From: JFC Morfin (jefsey@jefsey.com)
Date: Sat Sep 30 2006 - 19:33:51 CST

Languages are human relations protocols. They are related to common
referents (dictionary, culture, locale file, etc. which permits basic
interintelligibility) but are also dependent on the context of each
speaker and of the relation. The important point is the virtuality
each speaker wants to impersonate. We impersonate who we believe we
are or we want to look like. This is very interesting because a man
may want to appear a woman (ex. Noh Theater in Japan). So we should
consider today at least four linguistic genders: male, female,
computer, network. Other linguistic genders can certainly be imagined
by authors with their own semantic and termionology. May be some will take off.
jfc