Re: Bogous Microsoft's "Vrinda" font (v1.40) for Bengali+Latin in Vista RC1

From: Cristian Secară (orice@secarica.ro)
Date: Mon Oct 16 2006 - 02:13:03 CST

    Generally you are right, except only a few:

    > For example, this new version 1.40 maps:
    > * a Latin small letter thorn glyph where it should be a Latin small
    > letter dotless i (U+00FD), or no mapping at all

    ? U+00FD is Latin small letter Y with acute, which is correct.

    > * a whitespace where it should be a spacing ogonek (U+02D8), or no
    > mapping at all

    Yes, this is wrong, but are you sure it is the ogonek ? To me it
    appears that U+02D8 is breve.

    > * a danda glyph where it should be a spacing double accute accent (U
    > +02DC), or no mapping at all

    ? The glyph for U+02DC is tilde, which is correct.

    No comments for the rest.
    I think a bug report can be issued, based on your observation here. The
    question is, assuming they will want to correct the it, whether they
    will have the required time to correct this until Vista launches with
    bells and whistles.

    Cristi

    --
    Cristian Secară