Differences between UnicodeData.txt and SpecialCasing.txt Case Mappings

From: Andrew Miller (A.J.Miller@bcs.org.uk)
Date: Thu Oct 19 2006 - 16:44:18 CST

    There appear to be a number of differences in the case mappings defined
    in UnicodeData.txt and SpecialCasing.txt

    For example, U+0130 (LATIN CAPITAL LETTER I WITH DOT ABOVE) has a
    lowercase mapping of U+0069 in UnicodeData.txt and a mapping of U+0069
    U+0307 in SpecialCasing.txt.

    All of the greek YPOGEGRAMMENI letters in SpecialCasing.txt have
    different uppercase mappings to those specified in UnicodeData.txt

    Can I just ignore the UnicodeData.txt mappings for these characters, and
    just use the ones defined in SpecialCasing ones instead?

    Thanks in advance

    Andrew