Re: extracting code values from PDF?

From: Andrew West (andrewcwest@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Oct 26 2006 - 07:35:40 CST

    On 26/10/06, Jukka K. Korpela <jkorpela@cs.tut.fi> wrote:
    > Yet, in
    > practice, I would strongly suggest leaving Alt x alone, i.e. no
    > application should assign a meaning to it (under Windows, that is).

    Too late for that. "Exit" as a menu item is universally shortcut with
    alt-x, and some applications have "Exit" as a top level menu (and for
    Word you can add "Exit" as a top-level menu if you want). I'm pretty
    sure that "Exit" was in common use many years before alt-x Unicode
    conversion came into being.

    Andrew