RE: Character entries

From: Michael Maxwell (
Date: Thu Dec 07 2006 - 11:32:35 CST

  • Next message: Elsebeth Flarup: "Re: Character entries"

    Jeff Ward asked:
    > ... Is there a similar keyboard procedure (rather
    > than cut and paste from character map) for entering
    > characters directly into documents using unicode?

    Keyman ( is a keyboard remapper that is commonly used to enter Unicode text. If you routinely work with a single language/ script, then mapping keys (including modified keys, such as control keys) to particular Unicode characters is probably a more convenient way than the ALT+NNN method.

    (I have no connection to Tavultesoft, the maker of Keyman, other than having used their product a few times.)

       Mike Maxwell
       CASL/ U Md

    This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.5 : Thu Dec 07 2006 - 11:37:35 CST