Re: Character entries

From: Addison Phillips (addison@yahoo-inc.com)
Date: Thu Dec 07 2006 - 14:50:51 CST

    Jeff Ward wrote:

    > I routinely use ascii codes to enter special characters
    > (superscripts, degrees symbol etc) by the keystrokes "alt+code". Is
    > there a similar keyboard procedure (rather than cut and paste frfrom
    > character map) for entering characters directly into documents using
    > unicode?

    If you install the Chinese - Taiwan Traditional Unicode keyboard, you
    can type the hex in (for the UTF-16 code points) that way. I use it
    pretty regularly. This trick works with any program that is IME friendly
    (i.e. most of them) and you can make it easy to turn on/off by setting
    the hotkeys for switching keyboards.

    See: http://www.inter-locale.com/whitepaper/learn/learn_to_type.html#winkbd

    And also:

    http://www.inter-locale.com/whitepaper/learn/learn_to_type.html#chinese