Re: GB2312 to Unicode map

From: Kenneth Whistler (kenw@sybase.com)
Date: Wed Dec 13 2006 - 14:30:07 CST

    > I have a Noritake VFD display that uses the Chinese GB2312 map.
    > I am trying to find the equivalent map on the Unicode web site.
    > Since I am not Chinese I am have a hard time browsing through all the maps
    > to find the right starting point.

    There isn't one for GB 2312-80 per se.

    If you are talking about a Windows-based implementation of
    GB 2312-80, you should look at:

    http://www.unicode.org/Public/MAPPINGS/VENDORS/MICSFT/WINDOWS/CP936.TXT

    That covers all of GB 2312-80 except rows 10 and 11, I think,
    plus later additions.

    But I don't know any details about what exactly the Noritake
    display is doing.

    My suggestion would be to get somebody with *Japanese*
    ability (not Chinese) to interpret and help you follow up from:

    http://www.noritake-itron.jp/products/module/gu7000/spec.htm

    --Ken