Re: Public Review Issue Update: #100, "Giving U+00B7 MIDDLE DOT the ID_Continue Property"

From: Otto Stolz (Otto.Stolz@uni-konstanz.de)
Date: Mon Jan 15 2007 - 04:26:10 CST

Hello,

Doug Ewell schrieb:
> I'm surprised
> that would make a difference in font coverage, unless you also have an
> improved Uniscribe (or it is using its own engine) that is pulling
> U+0358 from some other font.

I forgot to mention that my Uniscribe (both WINDOWS\system32\usp10.dll, and
Programme\Gemeinsame Dateien\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE11\usp10.dll) is version
*1.471.4063.0*. I guess, I have installed those libraries together with the
Ezra SIL 2.00 font from <http://www.sil.org/computing/fonts/silhebruni/>.
Apparently, my system is not as off-the-shelf as I had assumed, in the
first place.

In Windows XP, I have activated the support for complex scripts (including
Thai) and right-to-left scripts; this may also influence the rendering of
combining characters that are placed besides a letter (rather than above/below
it).

Also, I have some more fonts installed. Short of de-installing those,
on by one, I have no idea how I could determine the font from which
either Uniscribe or Mozilla may have pulled the character.

Best wishes,
   Otto Stolz