Re: Regulating PUA.

From: Adam Twardoch (list.adam@twardoch.com)
Date: Sun Jan 21 2007 - 11:12:00 CST

    If you define part of the PUA as non-character PUA in future, what will
    you do with applications and uses that currently use those PUA
    codepoints for character purposes? Will these applications and the
    existing documents suddenly become Unicode non-compliant?

    Many years ago, the Unicode consortium made a decision to declare a
    certain part of the encoding space "private", which implies that the
    consortium will not interfer with people’s use for this space. Now,
    suddenly starting to retroactively regulate this space would make no
    sense, and would go against the principle.

    A.

    --
    Adam Twardoch