RE: Regulating PUA.

From: Michael Maxwell (mmaxwell@casl.umd.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 23 2007 - 08:03:17 CST

    vunzndi@vfemail.net wrote:
    > China has over 200 languages -- if each language uses 5000
    > unique characters total 1 000 000 ( one million!)

    Help me understand something here. I thought that all the "Chinese" languages in China (Mandarin, Cantonese, Hakka etc.) used the standard Chinese characters, rather than having characters unique to them. And the other languages of China--Tibeto-Burman, Hmong, etc. used either alphabetic scripts or the standard Chinese scripts.

       Mike Maxwell
       CASL/ U Md