Re: programming question

From: Doug Ewell (dewell@adelphia.net)
Date: Wed Jan 24 2007 - 08:55:00 CST

    Oliver Block <lists at block dash online dot eu> wrote:

    > I hope you don't mind that I ask a question that is only indirectly
    > related to unicode. How did those of you implement - using C/C++ - the
    > databases, e.g.
    >
    > http://www.unicode.org/Public/UNIDATA/UnicodeData.txt

    It's a plain text file where each line is a record, and fields within
    each record as separated by semicolons. That's a fairly common format;
    you can use strtok() in the standard C library to parse such a line.
    The definitions of the fields themselves are located somewhere in:

    http://www.unicode.org/Public/UNIDATA/UCD.html#UCD_Files

    http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/