Re: OT: programming question

From: Addison Phillips (addison@yahoo-inc.com)
Date: Wed Jan 24 2007 - 11:01:17 CST

    You could do worse than look at ICU:

       http://www.icu-project.org

    Your might even find it not worth the trouble of implementing your own
    solution.

    You may also find Mark Davis's presentation "Bits of Unicode" useful. He
    has it (in PowerPoint format) on his website:

       http://www.macchiato.com

    Look in the right column a bit over halfway down.

    The real answer to your question is going to depend on what properties
    or values you're interested in. Different data structures and approaches
    are applicable to different parts of the data.

    Addison

    --
    Addison Phillips
    Globalization Architect -- Yahoo! Inc.