Re: Unihan/CJK Radical bone character slightly mirrored?

From: vunzndi@vfemail.net
Date: Sun Mar 11 2007 - 18:30:15 CST

    Dear Jeroen,

    these are considered to be equivalent in unicode, which means you need
    the unicode codepoint plus some other marker.

    One way is described in

    http://unicode.org/reports/tr37/

    and todate ione submission has been recieved

    http://www.unicode.org/ivd/pri/pri98/index.html

    John

    Quoting Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven <asmodai@in-nomine.org>:

    > Hi John,
    >
    > -On [20070311 18:08], vunzndi@vfemail.net (vunzndi@vfemail.net) wrote:
    >> in unicode terms whether the square is on the left or the right is a
    >> matter for the fontmaker to decide for the character U+9AA8, or for
    >> any of the 304 other characters in unicode that have U+9AA8 as part of
    >> the character.
    >
    > I take it you mean that the type design is totally up to the designer I
    > understand that.
    >
    > It does make sense if in this case they both refer to the same character,
    > because if they do not then there's a need to disambiguate into separate code
    > points for all I know. And that's what I am in essence trying to find out.
    > That I am in fact working with the right characters and yes then you
    > automatically come to how a certain glyph is given form, especially if you
    > also have to provide a means to look them up by radical(s). And then any
    > unexplained inconsistency by the Unicode reference glyphs causes eyebrows to
    > get raised.
    >
    > --
    > Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven <asmodai(-at-)in-nomine.org> / asmodai
    > http://www.in-nomine.org/ | http://www.rangaku.org/
    > The soul's dark cottage, batter'd and decay'd, lets in new light
    > through chinks that Time has made...

    This message sent through Virus Free Email
    http://www.vfemail.net