Re: Comment on PRI 98: IVD Adobe-Japan1 (pt.2)

From: mpsuzuki@hiroshima-u.ac.jp
Date: Mon Mar 26 2007 - 05:40:33 CST

    On Mon, 26 Mar 2007 11:21:25 +0100
    "Andrew West" <andrewcwest@gmail.com> wrote:

    > On 26/03/07, mpsuzuki@hiroshima-u.ac.jp <mpsuzuki@hiroshima-u.ac.jp> wrote:
    > >
    > > As both fixes are not realistic, I wish if UTS #37 is updated
    > > to have additional note to prohibit (not deprecate) the
    > > codepoint conversion from CJK Compatibility Ideographs to
    > > CJK Unified Ideographs with IVS. How do you think?
    > >

    > I think that Unicode cannot prohibit anyone from applying any
    > particular data transformation they like, including codepoint
    > conversion from CJK Compatibility Ideographs to CJK Unified Ideographs
    > with IVS.

    Ah, sorry for my poor English. I think you're saying that
    Unicode is NOT law that can permit or prohibit any software
    by legal power. I agree. We have freedom to write a software
    which does not conform to Unicode.

    I wish if the conversion between CJK Compatibility Ideographs
    and CJK Unified Ideograph plus IVS is commented as "IVS in
    UTS #37 does not support the codepoint conversion (e.g. from
    CJK Compatibility Ideographs to CJK Unified Ideographs plus IVS)".

    Regards,
    mpsuzuki