Re: Beta version of Unibook 5.1

From: vunzndi@vfemail.net
Date: Tue Apr 10 2007 - 17:52:57 CST

    My apologies, I had read somewhere that Darwin was a version of Linux.

    I had been particularly impressed how the Linux type capabilities of
    Mac OS X have been increased with each new version with additions like
    X tools and xterm. Even perl Tk works on Mac OS X now, which was
    always a pain before especially in the days when one had to re-install
    perl to get perl Tk to work.

    Quoting Marnen Laibow-Koser <marnen@marnen.org>:

    > On Apr 10, 2007, at 11:36 AM, vunzndi@vfemail.net wrote:
    >

    >> Yes a version of unibook for Linux would be very useful for those
    >> of us who don't use Windows, since Mac OS 10 is based on Darwin
    >> Linux, the same source package would probably work for apple.
    >
    > <pet-peeve>
    > Darwin, and therefore Mac OS X, is based on BSD Unix, not Linux.
    > </pet-peeve>
    >
    > It's still likely that the same sources would work, though.
    >
    > We now return to your regularly scheduled topic...
    >
    > Best,
    > --
    > Marnen Laibow-Koser
    > marnen@marnen.org

    This message sent through Virus Free Email
    http://www.vfemail.net