Re: Unicode Announces Start of Submission Period for Common Locale Data Repository, Version 1.5

From: Marcin 'Qrczak' Kowalczyk (qrczak@knm.org.pl)
Date: Sun Apr 22 2007 - 12:16:19 CST

    Dnia 12-03-2007, pon o godzinie 08:47 -0700, Magda Danish (Unicode)
    napisał(a):

    > During the data submission period, from March 12th to April 29th, 2007,
    > contributors from Unicode Consortium members, other organizations and
    > the public at large are invited to review the data for their languages
    > and locations, and propose new translations of terms or modifications,
    > including language translations entirely new to the repository. New
    > structure has been added to the repository to improve representation
    > of time zones, ranges of dates and the usage of languages.

    In Polish locale data “Trinidad i Tobago” should be changed to
    “Trynidad i Tobago”. This is the more common (naturalized) spelling,
    and even the currency is spelled “dolar Trynidadu i Tobago”.
    A dictionary I have lists only “Trynidad i Tobago”.
    Compare http://www.google.com/search?q=%22Trynidad+i+Tobago%22&lr=lang_pl
    with http://www.google.com/search?q=%22Trinidad+i+Tobago%22&lr=lang_pl

    Could someone with submitting rights make this correction?

    --
       __("<         Marcin Kowalczyk
       \__/       qrczak@knm.org.pl