RE: Optimus keyboard

From: vunzndi@vfemail.net
Date: Sat Apr 28 2007 - 23:46:40 CST

    >> This is a cool keyboard, but I don't see why it is so
    >> critical to the use of minority languages. We already have
    >> the capability of remapping keyboards in all major operating
    >> systems. What this adds is merely labelling of the keycaps.
    >> Touch typists don't need this, and learners or others who
    >> don't know the keyboard have a number of other approaches
    >> available, from keycap covers to miniature maps of the
    >> keyboard displayed on the monitor.
    >>
    >> Bill

    As someone who has occasion to produce multilingual documents, a
    keyboard that changes with the language one types has definite
    advantages. It is in cirsumstances where one wishes to change the
    keyboard form time to time that such a invention is most useful.

    As observed elsewhere the cost of such things often drops rapidly, in
    ten years people may well look at this thread and wonder what all the
    fuss was about.

    John Knightley

    This message sent through Virus Free Email
    http://www.vfemail.net