RE: Uppercase=?iso-8859-1?q?=DFiscoming?(U+1E9E)

From: Philippe Verdy (verdy_p@wanadoo.fr)
Date: Mon May 07 2007 - 12:57:28 CDT

    Clark Cox wrote:
    > I must be misunderstanding you. Outside of elementary schools and art
    > classes, I can't imagine anyone in the USA using a crayon in school. I
    > certainly can't imagine anyone (in US or elsewhere in the world) using
    > a crayon for a technical drawing.

    I meant graphite pens (we name them "crayons" in French), but this is a good
    example that even the various European languages are taking the words from
    each other for meaning something in one country and another thing in another
    one (even when they theoretically talk the same language!)

    The perfect example of localization problems and mutual misunderstanding,
    where translation dictionary with contextual examples are not even very
    helpful, because the described usages are different!