Re: Uppercase ß is coming? (U+1E9E)

From: Doug Ewell (dewell@adelphia.net)
Date: Mon May 07 2007 - 20:30:08 CDT

    Asmus Freytag <asmusf at ix dot netcom dot com> wrote:

    > I'm also convinced that this character is in danger of becoming the
    > most-studied single character proposal, which is especially ironic in
    > the light of the 4000-odd CJK extension C characters that may contain
    > dozens, nay hundreds of characters with less-certain origin and
    > future, but that excite barely a comment.

    If nothing else, it is definitely the proposal that has generated the
    most e-mails in a hodgepodge of UTF-8 and ISO 8859-1 and
    who-knows-what-else, so that somewhere between the Unicode mail server
    and my copy of Outlook Express, at least half of the messages reaching
    my mailbox have had a sharp-s corrupted somewhere, in either the Subject
    field or the body. Kind of a brutal reminder how far we still are from
    character set uniformity.

    http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/