Re: Uppercase ß is coming? (U+1E9E)

From: John Hudson (john@tiro.ca)
Date: Tue May 08 2007 - 14:23:21 CDT

    Michael Everson wrote:

    > See http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Versal-Eszett for some more.

    There are some nice, even inspired examples here. This is particularly impressive given
    the complexity of the design:

    http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bild:Incana-Eszett.png

    I do find that the forms with the strong diagonal at the top right, e.g.

    http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bild:Andron_versal_%C3%9F.jpg
    http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bild:Eszett-Anna.png
    http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bild:Eszett-Linea.png
    http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bild:Eszett-Timo.png

    often looks like a ligature involving yogh.

    Interestingly, the sans serif examples seem more apt to look like lowercase forms than the
    serif specimens.

    John Hudson

    --
    Tiro Typeworks        www.tiro.com