RE: Œœ on IBM AIX

From: Philippe Verdy (verdy_p@wanadoo.fr)
Date: Wed May 09 2007 - 12:55:23 CDT

    I see that you are trying to store exactly the list of non ASCII letters
    needed for writing French, but your system does not list support for any
    French locale, only English US and default POSIX…

    Second: œ and Œ are not in any of the encodings supported in the lists of
    locales.

    Yes they are not in ISO 8859-1 (only in ISO 8859-15 which made a fewchanges
    for the Euro, and for French) but in Windows-1252 (the Windows “ANSI”
    codepage for Western European Latin).

    May be this will work if you install the locales for French…

      _____