Re: Uppercase ß is coming? (U+1E9E)

From: Werner LEMBERG (wl@gnu.org)
Date: Thu May 17 2007 - 03:49:42 CDT

    > To make an `SS' glyph distinguishable from `S' `S', as needed in
    > official documents like passports, why not adding a small `ligature
    > connection' similar to the bow in the `ct' ligature glyphs formerly
    > used in French typography (see attached image)?

    Just a post scriptum regarding my dilletantic attempt to draw `SS'
    with a ligature connection: Attached an image which shows that this is
    possible (at least with a sans serif script), and which IMHO is
    aesthetically pleasing.

    I've taken the image from

      http://www.typeforum.de/modules.php?op=modload&name=XForum&file=viewthread&tid=353Øä

        Werner