Re: Uppercase ß is coming? (U+1E9E)

From: John Hudson (john@tiro.ca)
Date: Thu May 17 2007 - 20:33:40 CDT

    Frank Ellermann wrote:

    > Werner LEMBERG wrote:
    >
    >> Attached an image which shows that this is possible (at least with
    >> a sans serif script), and which IMHO is aesthetically pleasing.

    > Nice, and IMO clearly better than gamma-shaped proposals for SZlig.

    This sort of SS ligation is quote easy to do in most sans serif designs, but considerably
    more difficult to make convincing in a serif book face. Whatever the model form for the
    uppercase eszett becomes, it needs to be something that is as easily adaptable to
    different styles of typeface design as any other uppercase letter.

    John Hudson

    --
    Tiro Typeworks        www.tiro.com
    Gulf Islands, BC      tiro@tiro.com