Re: hexatridecimal internationalisation

From: Richard Wordingham (richard.wordingham@ntlworld.com)
Date: Thu May 24 2007 - 22:09:05 CDT

    JFC Morfin wrote on Friday, May 25, 2007 12:57 AM
    Subject: Re: hexatridecimal internationalisation

    > The need I have is for transliteration of programming variables, code ID,
    > etc. from ASCII keyboards to non-ASCII keyboards.

    A keyboard system incapable of entering ASCII letters and digits was, until
    recently, useless for most internet applications. I still haven't
    encountered a non-ASCII domain name.

    > Also from what you say you seem to have worked on the matter, but there is
    > no definitive work in that area?

    I remember someone asking about the existence of non-decimal hexadecimal
    digits in non-Latin scripts. No one provided any examples.

    Richard.