unencoded writing systems

From: William J Poser (wjposer@ldc.upenn.edu)
Date: Wed May 30 2007 - 00:09:23 CDT

    Doug Ewell wrote:
    >I hate to step on all this fun, but there are still many *terrestrial*
    >writing systems that aren't encoded yet.

    Indeed. And they should be. Not to mention the fact that the
    exclusion of "shorthands" is arbitrary insofar as they are not
    mere variants of another writing system (which in general they are not).
    However, it does not appear that codepoints beyond U+10FFFF will be
    needed to include all of the writing systems on the terrestrial todo
    list.