Re: hexatridecimal internationalisation

From: JFC Morfin (jefsey@jefsey.com)
Date: Thu May 31 2007 - 06:38:04 CDT

    At 13:20 25/05/2007, Hans Aberg wrote:
    >On 25 May 2007, at 01:57, JFC Morfin wrote:
    >
    >>The need I have is for transliteration of programming variables,
    >>code ID, etc. from ASCII keyboards to non-ASCII keyboards.
    >
    >As for programming languages, I have experimented (in a theorem
    >prover) using both Unicode symbols and ASCII names aside by side. My
    >conclusions is that this is a poor approach. Compare with the hassle
    >of C/C++ trigraphs. Better to only use Unicode symbols.

    Sorry, I was away for a few days.

    May be I used the word "keyboard" in a too much conceptual meaning. I
    meant transliteration from the universe of one keyboard, not
    transposition from one keyboard to another keyboard.

    I have a table of options noted 0), 1), ... y), z). Or variables
    named "ab", "c1", etc. When I change scripting environment, I can
    easily transcode the programming language to enter the translated
    source code, but not the variables. These variables use a given
    syntax whith an inner logic having nothing to do with a particular
    script but with unicity, alpha or numeric constraints, and possibily
    sorting order.

    What I am looking for is to build a table where a has greek alpha,
    cyrillic a, etc. as hexatridecimal equivalent. This means selecting
    26 chars in sorting order in each non-ASCII alphabets. Which one to
    select, what to add up to 26?

    All the best.
    jfc