Re: Devanagari composing help needed

From: Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven (asmodai@in-nomine.org)
Date: Thu Jun 07 2007 - 14:41:25 CDT

    -On [20070607 21:05], John Hudson (john@tiro.ca) wrote:
    > Jeroen, in your earlier message, you posted this text string:

    My apologies, I've been updating that string to, what I hope, is the proper
    encoded way. I've also added a second string that a friend of mine says makes
    more sense gramatically.

    > The second of these text strings renders correctly on my system if I use a
    > different Devanagari font. The Windows Mangal font displays it in a way that
    > is decipherable but ugly, with the Ra resolving to a full form with halant
    > rather than forming a rakar. Neither font displays the first string
    > correctly.
    >
    > See comparison here:
    >
    > http://www.tiro.com/John/DevComp.png

    Mmm, that explains why it did not match up.

    It gets even funnier when you add Aparajita into the mix, seems that font is
    more conforming then:

    http://www.in-nomine.org/~asmodai/aparajita-vs-mangal.png

    It seems Mangal in Vista received a substantial overhaul though.

    イェルーン ラウフロック ヴァン デル ウェルヴェン
    http://www.in-nomine.org/ | http://www.rangaku.org/
    All conditioned things are impermanent. Work out your own salvation with
    diligence...