Re: U+25CC and fonts

From: John Hudson (john@tiro.ca)
Date: Sat Jun 16 2007 - 18:23:56 CDT

    Samuel Thibault wrote:

    > Same question for Norasi and U+200D boxes in U+0E31, U+0E34 & co, is
    > that a font issue too?

    I downloaded the norasi_n.ttf font from

            http://www.hawaii.edu/thai/thaifonts/

    It has no cmap entry for U+200D, but does seem to have entries for U+0E31 and U+0E34.

    Generally speaking, if you see an empty box or a box with a question mark in it or a box
    with an X across it,* you are seeing a .notdef glyph. This signals that the current font
    is unable to display the Unicode character in the text. This means that the font contains
    no cmap entry for that character.

    John Hudson

    * Recommendations for .notdef glyph forms are presented here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/typography/otspec/recom.htm

    --
    Tiro Typeworks        www.tiro.com
    Gulf Islands, BC      tiro@tiro.com