Re: SQL version of the Unicode database?

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer (bortzmeyer@nic.fr)
Date: Fri Jul 06 2007 - 15:52:54 CDT

    On Fri, Jul 06, 2007 at 11:15:31AM -0700,
     Kenneth Whistler <kenw@sybase.com> wrote
     a message of 56 lines which said:

    > Please note that "The Unicode Character Database" comprises
    > everything under Public/x.y.z/ucd/ for a particular version of the
    > standard, and is not *just* UnicodeData.txt. There are many
    > character properties defined in the other data files,

    I know, that's why I replied to Adam Twardoch that simply LOADing the
    CSV file was not sufficient.

    > I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "the UCD in SQL",

    A file containing the SQL INSERT statements.

    > Perhaps you are referring to a set of exported SQL database backup
    > files that could then be imported into another SQL DBMS to create a
    > copy of the database.

    Yes but why "backup"? I want the file containing SQL statements and
    allowing me to (re)create the database.

    > you need to first have a consistent schema for the entire database
    > before you can create an actual database and import all the data
    > into it.

    Correct. That's also why I asked here instead of starting to code
    immediately. There may be subtle details in the schema (parsing the
    files in the UCD and making SQL statements is trivial).

    So, any existing schema?

    > There *is* a SQL database specifically for the Unihan portion of the
    > UCD. That is running on a live MySQL DBMS, and you can make queries
    > on it from:

    Yes, but I cannot find a way to get the SQL data for *my* DBMS.