Re: Generic base characters

From: Sinnathurai Srivas (sisrivas@blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: Tue Jul 17 2007 - 18:38:34 CDT

    Thank you for this valuable information.

    This is very confusing for every developer.

    Mostly all reputable font will have the dotted circle included within it, as this is a code that is defined like any other code. Not worth dicussing about those sub-standard fonts that does not include the dotted circle within the font.

    If the above is accepted, there is no two solutions as far as font is concerned. It is practicable to assume all fonts must have dotted circle.

    It boiles down to rendering engine's behaviour. I'm surpriced to see Unicode does not ownup to problems caused by Unicode. Rendering engines will follow, if Unicode defines the requirement in a logical manner. I do not think developers are doing a chaotic development. I think Unicode is causing a chaotic situation.

    Sinnathurai