Re: Specification for XID_Start and XID_Continue

From: Martin v. Löwis (martin@v.loewis.de)
Date: Tue Aug 14 2007 - 15:05:19 CDT

    > I ran into the same problem, and didn't really find an
    > answer. In my code, I ended up with this:

    Thanks for the confirmation. Still, there must have been
    some algorithm to exclude these characters. Even if it
    was ad-hoc, I think some additional guarantees and
    explanations should be given. For example, will the list
    of excluded characters be stable? Or if new characters
    are added, could it happen that they get the ID_Start
    property (say) but not the XID_Start property?

    Regards,
    Martin