Re: Western musical symbols font

From: Jukka K. Korpela (jkorpela@cs.tut.fi)
Date: Mon Sep 17 2007 - 00:02:28 CDT

    On Sun, 16 Sep 2007, Hans Aberg wrote:

    > Is there a font that can display the Western musical ornament symbols U+1D19D
    > MUSICAL SYMBOL ORNAMENT STROKE-3 and U+1D1A0 MUSICAL SYMBOL ORNAMENT
    > STROKE-6?

    I don't think any commonly available font contains them. Code2001 is one
    of the few fonts with a lot of Plane 1 coverage, but apparently it lacks
    musical symbols (see http://www.code2000.net/code2001.htm ). The page
    http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/char/1d19d/fontsupport.htm
    lists font support to U+1D1D as "(none)". So I guess you would have to
    search for a specialized font, or create one.