Re: Emoticons (was: Root and fraction (2 new symbols))

From: James Kass (thunder-bird@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Oct 02 2007 - 04:08:16 CST

    Frank Ellermann wrote,

    >I'm not aware of any icon representing the emoticon <gd&r>. Some
    >acronyms like ROFL might also belong to the emoticons.

    Michael Kaplan's blog contains some interesting information about
    the current proposal regarding Japanese "emoji".

    Japanese "emoji" are similar in every aspect to "emoticons".

    Andrew West's posted comment includes links to pertinent
    documents.

    http://blogs.msdn.com/michkap/archive/2007/09/26/5134774.aspx

    Perhaps someday soon we'll all be able to exchange ROFL and GD&R
    symbols as plain text characters.

    How about that?

    Best regards,

    James Kass