Re: New FAQ page

From: Raymond Mercier (rm459@cam.ac.uk)
Date: Sat Oct 13 2007 - 04:38:45 CDT

    Philippe Verdy writes

    <<For online information about the Windows SDK API, you need now to look
    into
    the .Net documentation, where it is now documented in the "Microsoft.Win32"
    namespace (plus many references to the "System" namespace for basic
    datatypes and structures, and many of its sub-namespace for non-core
    services). This makes the Windows API difficult to use if you don't want
    .Net (for example when you just want to program in C or C++)

    These and his other remarks about Net are on the way to becoming rather out
    of date, since Net 2003 is not supported in Vista.

    See http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-gb/vstudio/aa948853.aspx : "The changes
    impact Visual Studio and thus we're unable to support Visual Studio .NET
    2002 or Visual Studio .NET 2003 on Windows Vista."

    It is not clear to me how much this impacts on the problems discussed by
    Philippe.

    Best regards,

    Raymond Mercier