Re: [unicode] Re: Level of Unicode support required for various languages

From: mpsuzuki@hiroshima-u.ac.jp
Date: Fri Oct 26 2007 - 01:07:26 CDT

    Hi,

    You quoted as "characters", so I think you understood well,
    but I reinforce for other subscribers.

    On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 19:35:28 -0800 (GMT-08:00)
    James Kass <thunder-bird@earthlink.net> wrote:
    >CJKV users have used non-official characters, though.
    >
    >http://www.mojikyo.org/html/abroad/index_e.html
    >
    >The Mojikyo fonts and software offered some 80000 "characters"
    >as early as 1999. (The number is larger now.)

    Now Mojikyo insists their product includes 150000 kanji.

    >As an unverified assertion, I'd say that some of those Mojikyo
    >characters are now in Plane Two of Unicode.

    The definition of "character" in Mojikyo may differ from
    that in Unicode, it may be similar to the "glyph" in Unicode.
    I guess Mojikyo has not defined the rules for character
    unification or identification, so it's difficult to
    determine Mojikyo is glyph set or character set.

    Regards,
    mpsuzuki