Version 6 of Unicode Converter now available

From: Richard Ishida (ishida@w3.org)
Date: Mon Oct 29 2007 - 03:34:35 CST

    For those of you who use this.

    http://rishida.net/scripts/uniview/conversion

    This web-based tool helps you convert between a number of Unicode escape and code formats.

    Changes in version 6:

        * Convert from JavaScript, Java and C escape notation, and to JavaScript/Java escapes (with switch to show C-style supplementary characters)
        * Convert to and from CSS escape notation
        * Convert from HTML/XML code with escapes to code with just characters
        * Convert < > " or & in HTML/XML code to entities
        * Option to show ASCII characters when converting to NCRs
        * View a set of characters in UniView by clicking on the View in UniView button

    For CSS output I chose the 6-figure version with no optional space, since I thought it was clearest. I’ve had a request to change it to the shortest form (4 or 6 figures) followed by space. If other people prefer that, I may change it.

    Richard Ishida
    Internationalization Lead
    W3C (World Wide Web Consortium)

    http://www.w3.org/International/