Re: Ol Chiki character name typo?

From: Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven (asmodai@in-nomine.org)
Date: Tue Nov 27 2007 - 05:35:14 CST

    -On [20071125 01:45], Peter Constable (petercon@microsoft.com) wrote:
    >> Behalf Of James Kass
    >> That's too bad, then, really. It should be possible to correct naming
    >> errors up until the time that those names become official. Those
    >> names won't become official until March 2008 (if then).
    >
    >You're only thinking about timing for release of Unicode 5.1. Time of the
    >balloting of ISO amendments is also critical here; in this case, specifically
    >FDAM 3.

    Without wanting to sound presumptious, but why on earth should we care on a
    Unicode list about ISO-specifics? Right now I get this feeling that Unicode is
    getting more and more bogged down by ISO routine and bureaucracy then focusing
    on Unicode itself. If so we might as well get rid of Unicode and do everything
    straight through ISO, since there seems to be little use for Unicode as group
    in itself then (leaving CLDR and such outside of the argument).

    イェルーン ラウフロック ヴァン デル ウェルヴェン
    http://www.in-nomine.org/ | http://www.rangaku.org/
    The soul's dark cottage, batter'd and decay'd, lets in new light
    through chinks that Time has made...