vim and Arabic/Farsi support

From: Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven (asmodai@in-nomine.org)
Date: Mon Dec 03 2007 - 03:58:21 CST

    Are there by chance people on this list that use vim and happen to
    type/display Arabic/Farsi texts with it?

    Over the weekend I had to muck around with Farsi and for some reason what got
    in the text (using utf-8) got displayed as final/stand-alone characters.
    Displaying it using my browser showed proper interpretation of the first
    letters of the word as ARABIC LETTER TEH (u062a) instead of the aforementioned
    ARABIC LETTER TEH FINAL FORM (ufe96).

    So I would love to find out if this is vim at fault or something else.

    イェルーン ラウフロック ヴァン デル ウェルヴェン
    http://www.in-nomine.org/ | http://www.rangaku.org/
    Things are not what they seem; Nor are they otherwise...