Re: CLDR Usage of Gregorian Calendar Era Terms: BC and AD -- Can we please have "CE" and "BCE" ?

From: Ed Trager (ed.trager@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Dec 20 2007 - 08:15:25 CST

    On Dec 20, 2007 5:05 AM, Michael Everson <everson@evertype.com> wrote:

    > I say we adopt the Mayan calendar and be done with it. The current
    > cycle is due to end at the Winter Solstice five years from now. See
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mesoamerican_Long_Count_calendar

    As an act of selfless aggrandizement which would have the side effect
    of satisfying our collective vanity, I say we declare the publication
    of the first Unicode Standard in 1991 as Year Zero of the Unicode Era
    (UE). Everything before 0000 UE would, naturally be called "Before
    Unicode" and abbreviated "BU". Culturally and religiously neutral,
    UE/BU has the added advantage of being easy to translate into numerous
    languages.