Re: old Latin chars

From: Michael Everson (everson@evertype.com)
Date: Mon Jan 07 2008 - 07:40:23 CST

    At 13:20 +0100 2008-01-07, Andreas Stötzner wrote:

    >MUFI's preference for precomposed characters is
    >simply due to practical life: with precomp.
    >glyphs in suitable fonts you are on the safe
    >side, with decomposed ones not.

    You are right that a font should have
    pre-composed glyphs. But you're not right to
    think that it is necessary to use PUA encoding to
    access them. That's the big problem with MUFI as
    I see it: it uses PUA code points for
    pre-composed "characters" instead of using the
    right font tables within the fonts to access them.