Re: RE: Directionality Standard

From: Jony Rosenne (jr@qsm.co.il)
Date: Thu Jan 10 2008 - 02:43:33 CST

            In this case, you should place an RLM or LRM in the beginning of the
    paragraph. BODY { font-family:Arial, Helvetica,
    sans-serif;font-size:12px; }
     Jony
     On Thu 10/01/08 17:22 , Murray Sargent
    murrays@exchange.microsoft.com sent:
      Jony Rosenne observes:
    > See Unicode Standard Annex #9, The Bidirectional Algorithm, clause
    3.3.1.
    > "The Paragraph Level".
    > It seems there are many non-conforming applications out there, but
    the
    > Unicode standard is clear and sufficient in this respect.
     This is the context rule I mentioned. It doesn't handle paragraphs
    that start with a strong character of the opposite direction from the
    desired paragraph direction. But it does work well in most cases.
     Murray