Re: Latin J capital letter with caron

From: Asmus Freytag (asmusf@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Wed Jan 16 2008 - 12:33:34 CST

    On 1/16/2008 9:48 AM, Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven wrote:
    > -On [20080116 18:31], Asmus Freytag (asmusf@ix.netcom.com) wrote:
    >
    >> For other tall letter shapes, caron is often rendered as a comma next to
    >> the ascender.
    >>

    > Using BabelPad and the sequence mentioned Tahoma looks like that what you
    > describe.

    In my e-mail client, on the monospace font selected, the caron is
    rendered distinctly above the J, on the variable pitch font selected for
    incoming messages, the caron simply clashes with the serif, while for
    the font that's selected while I type this reply the caron touches the
    serif, but it's too small to be readily identifiable. I have not been
    successful in getting that e-mail client to do what I want in terms of
    font usage, and have long given up on having a choice in the matter.... ;-)

    But, in all instances the combining mark is treated as such - that's a
    good first step.

    A./̌