RE: Abkhasian CHE with descender

From: Kent Karlsson (kent.karlsson14@comhem.se)
Date: Mon Jan 21 2008 - 09:11:05 CST

    abysta@yandex.ru wrote:
    > There is no glyph variation in modern alphabet. U+04BE is a

    Of course there is (some). Otherwise you would use only one font.

    > glottalized counterpart of U+040F and has the same shape of
    > the descender.
    > See modern alphabet here http://heku.ru/datas/users/66-alphabet.gif

    The current comment in TUS 5.0 is "ogonek form preferred". You may
    want to suggest changing that comment (as well as the chart glyph).

    One odd thing with a "nearby" letter, though one not used in Abkhasian,
    is one of the comments on U+04AB, CYRILLIC SMALL LETTER ES WITH DESCENDER:

    * letterforms with right hooks are preferred, although occasional
            variants with left hooks occur

    But the chart glyphs (upper- and lowercase) still have a LEFT hook,
    which is said to be just occasional and not preferred... I think it
    would be better if the chart glyphs used the preferred form...

            /kent k