Re: chairless hamza (summary)

From: Khaled Hosny (khaledhosny@eglug.org)
Date: Tue Jan 22 2008 - 13:13:01 CST

    On Jan 11, 2008 8:07 PM, Thomas Milo <t.milo@chello.nl> wrote:

    > Great! Many thanks. Please point me to the printed edition where this is
    > supposed to be based on. There is always a possibility that the rules were
    > inadvertently changed because of the present software limitations. If you
    > happen to have it, can you scan the relevant pages?

    Sorry for the long silence, I just got a copy of "مجموعة القرارات
    العلمية" from the academy of Arabic language, which is referred to in
    the above mentioned book.
    I scanned the relevant pages:
    http://www.khaledhosny.org/files/hamza/308.png
    http://www.khaledhosny.org/files/hamza/309.png
    http://www.khaledhosny.org/files/hamza/310.png
    http://www.khaledhosny.org/files/hamza/311.png

    It is clear from the pages above that chairless hamza between to
    connecting characters doesn't exist, it is always has a chair.

    --
      Khaled Hosny