Re: Unicode Transliteration Guidelines released

From: David Weinberg (davidweinb@googlemail.com)
Date: Thu Jan 24 2008 - 14:10:00 CST

    It seems to me that nobody is responsible for
    the Transliteration Guidelines.

    I have neither seen an author "defending" his stance against Richard Ishida,
    nor anyone answering my questions:

    Does the Latin Transcription of Arabic (
    http://www.unicode.org/cldr/data/charts/transforms/Latin-Arabic.html )
    follow any established scheme or who invented it?

    Why did you choose to divert radically from ISO 233:1984. Transliteration of
    Arabic characters into Latin characters.1984-12-15? (
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_233) ?

    David