Introducing Unicode in E-mail to the average user

From: Dawn Light (dawnlight@lavabit.com)
Date: Wed Feb 06 2008 - 14:11:35 CST

    Hello. In my community we communicate via E-mail regularly and so the encoding
    problem is, as usual, irritating. The difference is that in the case of our
    community, I have a chance to make a difference.

    I want to inform my community of Unicode and supply them with instructions on
    how to make their E-mail clients use UTF-8.

    Most of them, like most people, aren't knowledgeable about information
    technologies and most of them use web mail such as google mail, yahoo and
    hotmail.

    Are there any documents available that explain Unicode to the average user?
    What about instructions on how to make the E-mail clients use UTF-8?

    --
    Dawn Light | שחר אור
    E-mail: dawnlight@lavabit.com