RE: Combining marks with two letters

From: Kent Karlsson (kent.karlsson14@comhem.se)
Date: Mon Feb 11 2008 - 12:37:55 CST

    Michael Everson wrote:

    > >show a "ts" digraph with a ligature tie or arc above them
    > >and a centered dot above this arc - like:
    > >but without space between "t" and "s".
    > >
    > >How do you write this in Unicode?
    >
    > t + double-inverted-breve + dot above + s, I should think.

    However, that is canonically equivalent with:

    t + dot above + double-inverted-breve + s

    and both sequences should render the same with the
    dot just above the t, and the double inverted
    breve above both the dotted t and the s.

    t + double-inverted-breve + CGJ + dot above + s

    perhaps, but IMHO that would be an ugly hack.

            /kent k