i with macron over an e - Do U+0365 and U+2071 lose their dot when accented like U+0069?

From: Karl Pentzlin (karl-pentzlin@acssoft.de)
Date: Fri Feb 22 2008 - 17:45:40 CST

    On p.228 of the printed TUS 5.0 is stated:
    "Diacritics on i and j. A dotted (normal) i or j followed by a
    nonspacing mark above loses the dot in rendering."

    As this paragraph does not explicitly refer to
     U+0069 LATIN SMALL LETTER I
    is the conclusion correct that it applies to all Latin small i`s,
    especially to
     U+0365 COMBINING LATIN SMALL LETTER I
     U+2071 SUPERSCRIPT LATIN SMALL LETTER I

    In other words, is it correct to encode the entity marked in red in
    the attached scan (showing a dotless i with macron over an e) as
    U+0065 U+0365 U+0304?

    Or, if such things should be representable in Unicode, is there
    a COMBINING LATIN SMALL LETTER DOTLESS I to be proposed?

    (The scan is from:
     Hotzenköcherle, Rudolf
     Einführung in den Sprachatlas der Deutschen Schweiz
     Einführungsband A
     Bern 1962, p.53)

    - Karl Pentzlin

    U_0365-with-macron.png